2018 Suzuki Boulevard C90 B.O.S.S.
Experience the Boulevard C90 B.O.S.S.! When you ride one, you’re literally the king of the night. Now you have the opportunity to experience its powerful 1462cc long-stroke, liquid-cooled, 54-degree V-twin engine with its blacked-out styling. It’s not the only thing that’s blacked-out! The C90 B.O.S.S. comes with all-black wheels, blacked out forks, blacked out exhaust system, and more!
- The C90 model features exclusive blacked-out exhaust system, engine cover, frame, and suspension. *on Glass Sparkle Black model.
- The 1462cc (90 cubic inch) long-stroke, liquid cooled, SOHC, 4-valves-per-cylinder, 54 degree V-Twin engine is built to deliver massive torque while maintaining efficient operation.
- Each aluminum-alloy cylinder is plated with Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM), a coating of nickel-phosphorus-silicon-carbide that reduces friction and increases heat transfer. The result is increased durability and ring seal. Each piston’s upper compression ring and oil control ring are given a chrome-nitride coating to make them harder and smoother to further reduce friction.
- Dual spark plugs for each cylinder contribute combustion and fuel efficiency.
- Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve (SDTV) induction system is enhanced by the 32-bit engine control unit that instantly delivers the optimum fuel-air mixture and power output. The system – it’s the same design used in Suzuki championship-winning GSX-R sportbikes – delivers seamless throttle response while boosting fuel efficiency and delivering strong torque.
- To further reduce mechanical noise, each cylinder head’s cam cover is separated from the cam bearing caps, and a rubber gasket is used between the cylinder head and the cam cover.
- An automatic Idle Speed Control (ISC) system improves cold starting and stabilizes engine idle under varying conditions.
- To maximize air induction for best power and torque, the C90 features a unique system that uses three separate air-cleaner boxes feeding the engine. This air induction system increases engine output without sacrificing style or fuel-tank capacity.
- The Suzuki Clutch Assist System (SCAS) reduces the force needed to pull in the clutch lever so clutch operation remains light. The system produces smooth downshifts by reducing pressure on the clutch plates under deceleration.
- Low maintenance shaft drive delivers efficient power delivery.
- Design engineers married the desire for time-honored appeal with the need for modern performance. The result is a traditionally styled cruiser featuring a rider triangle – footboards, handlebars, seat position – that delivers classic control with outstanding comfort. Wide handlebar and seat design, plus wide/low fuel tank shape add to C90's low-slung look.
- Engineers shaped the seat to allow a rider freedom of movement, not locking them into one position. The seat shape also accommodates riders of different sizes to reach the handlebars and footboards in comfort.
- Wide 130/80-17 front and dominant 200/60-16 rear tire are mounted on custom-styled seven spoke cast aluminum wheels.
- Large floorboard-type footrests are standard equipment for comfortable long range riding.
- A link-type rear suspension utilizes an oil-damped, coil-over shock to produce a smooth, ground-hugging ride. It’s tucked into the frame well to help keep the ride low, resulting in a Classic hard-tail style appearance.
- A large 18 L (4.8-gallon) fuel tank delivers long riding range for far fewer fuel stops.
- Well-placed and easy-to-use helmet holder on the rear fender’s left side.
- Type: 4-stroke, 2-cylinder, Liquid-cooled, SOHC, 54-degree V-twin
- Displacement: 1462cc
- Bore x Stroke: 96.0 mm (3.78 in.) x 101.0 mm (3.98 in.)
- Compression Ratio: 9.5 : 1
- Fuel System: Suzuki Fuel Injection
- Starter: Electric
- Lubrication: Wet sump
- Transmission: 5-speed constant mesh
- Final Drive: Shaft Drive
- Overall Length: 2560 mm (100.8 in.)
- Overall Width: 990 mm (39 in.)
- Overall Height: 1440 mm (56.7 in.)
- Wheelbase: 1,675 mm (65.9 in.)
- Ground Clearance: 140 mm (5.5 in.)
- Seat Height: 720 (28.3 in.)
- Curb Mass: 344 kg (758 lb.)
- Suspension Front: Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
- Suspension Rear: Link type, coil spring, oil damped
- Brakes Front: Disc
- Brakes Rear: Disc
- Tires Front: 130/80-17M/C 65H, tubeless
- Tires Rear: 200/60-16M/C 79H, tubeless
- Ignition Type: Electronic ignition (Transistorized)
- Fuel Tank: 18.0L (4.8 US gal.)
- Standard Warranty: 12 Month unlimited mileage limited warranty
- Engine Type
- 4-stroke, 2-cylinder, SOHC, 54-deg. V-twin
- Bore and Stroke
- 96.0 mm (3.78 in.) x 101.0 mm (3.98 in.)
- Compression Ratio
- 9.5 : 1
- Fuel System
- Suzuki Fuel Injection
- Electronic ignition (Transistorized)
- 5-speed constant mesh
- Final Drive
- Shaft Drive
- Front Suspension
- Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
- Rear Suspension
- Link type, coil spring, oil damped
- Front Brakes
- Rear Brakes
- Front Tire
- 130/80-17M/C 65H, tubeless
- Rear Tire
- 200/60-16M/C 79H, tubeless
- 1,675 mm (65.9 in.)
- Seat Height
- 720 mm (28.3 in.)
- Fuel Capacity
- 18.0L (4.8 US gal.)
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 344 kg (758 lb.)
- 12 Month unlimited mileage limited warranty