2019 Suzuki SV650X ABS
For 2019, Suzuki introduces a new version of an iconic motorcycle that embodies the sporty personality that only a lively, mid-sized V-twin roadster can deliver. The new SV650X ABS has a polished power plant that provides increased performance with low emissions and outstanding fuel economy, mated to refined trim and lightweight chassis that delivers a sporty, exciting ride. Like its predecessors, the 2018 SV650X ABS promises to have the sparkling performance, retro style and value that a broad range of riders will enjoy. *Depending on road surface conditions, such as wet, loose, or uneven roads, braking distance for an ABS-equipped vehicle may be longer than for a vehicle not equipped with ABS. ABS cannot prevent wheel skidding caused by braking while cornering. Please drive carefully and do not overly rely on ABS.
- Liquid cooled, 645cc, 4-stroke, DOHC, V-twin engine delivers increased performance.
- Refined EFI system with Low RPM Assist makes take offs smooth and pleasant.
- Trellis-style frame constructed of high-strength steel tubes contributes to the motorcycle's lower weight and trim chassis.
- Slim bodywork is aesthetically pleasing while aiding comfort and maneuverability.
- 645cc DOHC 90°V-twin engine has been refined with more than 60 new parts to produce increased horsepower while conforming the latest emission requirements.
- The energy efficient engine has new pistons that were engineered with use of FEM (Finite Element Method) analysis to achieve optimal rigidity and weight.
- Each piston skirt has a special resin coating, and the other sliding part are tinned for less friction and greater durability - a first for a Suzuki motorcycle.
- Suzuki's innovative L-shaped piston rings contribute to reduce blow-by gas, resulting in less emissions and greater combustion efficiency.
- SCEM (Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material)-plated cylinders reduce friction and improve heat transfer and durability.
- Both cylinder heads feature Suzuki's original Dual Spark Technology for greater combustion efficiency, better fuel economy and cleaner emission.
- The fuel injection system employs Suzuki's innovative, SDTV (Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve) with 39mm throttle bodies. The secondary throttle valves are controlled by servo motor for smooth power delivery and optimum combustion efficiency.
- Ten-hole; long-nosed type fuel injectors on each throttle body improves fuel atomization for better combustion efficiency and while reducing fuel consumption.
- The EFI system employs O2 feedback and a precise intake pressure sensor for optimum combustion efficiency in various conditions, and reduces emissions to an incredibly low level.
- Suzuki's patented, Throttle-body Integrated Idle Speed Control (TI-ISC) eases starting, stabilizes the engine idle speed and helps lower emissions. The system is compact and lightweight.
- The TI-ISC on the SV650 has a new Low RPM Assist feature that seamlessly adjusts engine speed during take-off and low-speed running to smooth the power delivery and to help eliminate the possibility of the rider stalling the motorcycle.
- The Engine Control Module (ECM) provides state-of-the-art engine management and has enhanced settings to suit the intake and exhaust systems, resulting in better fuel economy and linear throttle response.
- Advanced, transistorized ignition control programming helps maintain more precise spark timing to the four iridium, long-life spark plugs.
- The SV650 features a new Suzuki Easy Start system (which was first featured on the GSX-S1000) lets the rider start the motorcycle with a momentary press of the start switch without pulling in the clutch lever when the transmission is in neutral.
- The air cleaner case is all new to accommodate crankcase breather relocation from the engine cover and the capacity changes required for the increased engine power. The air intake funnels have staggered lengths to heighten mid-range torque.
- The new exhaust system has a clean, functional appearance and lower weight. The 2-into-1 system has a catalyzer to further reduce emissions.
- The newly designed, high-efficiency radiator has an enlarged cooling fan for exceptional cooling capacity. To further control temperature, the engine is also fitted with a coolant-cooled, oil cooler that is compact and lightweight.
- The close-ratio, six-speed transmission features carefully selected ratios that are equally well suited for commuting or spirited riding.
- The multiplate clutch has precise rack and pinion actuation for a light pull and consistent release point.
- Dozens of new parts create a compact, lightweight chassis with slim bodywork that's agile and fun to ride on a variety of streets - such as city traffic, highway, rural roads and winding roads.
- The ready-to-ride weight of the NEW SV650X ABS is less than the 2015 SFV650 ABS.
- The high-strength steel, trellis-style frame is key to the motorcycle's trim and intelligent dimensions.
- The SV650's fuel tank width is 64.5mm (2.5 in.) narrower than the 2015 SFV650 but maintains the same fuel capacity. The slim fuel tank and seat joint aids the rider touch the ground better at stops.
- The frame is mated to a steel, beam-type swingarm with a straightforward chain tension adjuster system.
- The 41mm conventional style front fork has a generous 125mm (4.9 in.) of wheel travel to provide a sporty, but plush ride.
- Link-type rear shock unit has 63mm (2.48 in.) stroke, and is tuned for a superb progressive feel and to react efficiently to varied road conditions while still delivering an agile and stable feel.
- The rear shock's spring pre-load is 7-way adjustable so you can easily adjust for a passenger or cargo.
- Front brakes with fully floating 290mm discs are grasped by two-piston TOKIKO calipers for strong braking performance.
- Antilock Brake System (ABS*) monitors wheel speed 50 times per wheel rotation, and matches stopping power to available traction.
- The ABS* control unit, produced by NISSIN, is a new compact and lightweight design, which is 1.8 pounds lighter than the unit used on the 2015 SFV650.
- *Depending on road surface conditions, such as wet, loose, or uneven roads, braking distance for an ABS-equipped vehicle may be longer than for a vehicle not equipped with ABS. ABS cannot prevent wheel skidding caused by braking while cornering. Please drive carefully and do not overly rely on ABS.
- Five-spoke cast-aluminum-alloy wheels are shod with lightweight, front and rear DUNLOP radial tires for sharp handling and good mileage.
- Fresh design, compact and lightweight instrument cluster has a full LCD display eliminating motor and needle mechanics.
- Well proportioned, handlebars and mid-set foot controls create a sporting, yet ergonomically relaxed riding position.
- Tastefully designed, round shaped headlight is multi-reflector type with 12V60/55W halogen bulb.
- Bright, durable LED combination tail and brake light, plus front and rear, amber tinted turn signals.
- Attention to rider comfort and confidence includes a carefully shaped seat with a high-grip cover, and integrated cargo retention loops that can pull out from under the seat.
- Racing stripes and refined fuel tank shape enhances the motorcycle's sporty character. Fuel tank capacity is an ample 14.5L (3.8 US gal), CA model (13.8L, 3.6 US gal).
- Stylized Suzuki “S" 3-D emblems on the fuel tank and the fork upper bracket denotes the quality, sophistication and performance legacy of the brand.
- A variety of Genuine Suzuki Accessories for SV owners will be available.
- Standard 12-month limited warranty.
- Type: 4-stroke, 2-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 90-degree V-Twin
- Displacement: 645 cc
- Bore x Stroke: 3.19 in x 2.46 in (81.0 x 62.6mm)
- Compression Ratio: 11.2: 1
- Transmission: 6-speed constant mesh
- Overall Length: 2140 mm (84.2 in.)
- Overall Width: 760 mm (29.9 in.)
- Overall Height: 1090 mm (42.9 in.)
- Wheelbase: 1445 mm (56.9 in.)
- Ground Clearance: 135 mm (5.3 in.)
- Seat Height: 790 mm (31.1 in.)
- Curb Mass: 198 kg (436.5 lb..)
- SuspensionFront: Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
- Suspension Rear: Link type, coil spring, oil damped, spring preload adjustable
- BrakesFront: Twin 2-piston calipers, 290 mm discs
- Brakes Rear: Single 1-piston caliper, 240 mm disc
- TiresFront: 120/70ZR17M/C (58W), tubeless
- Tires Rear: 160/60ZR17M/C (69W), tubeless
- Ignition Type: Electronic ignition (Transistorized)
- Fuel Tank: 14.5L (3.8 US gal.)
- Standard Warranty: 12 Month unlimited mileage limited warranty
Colours, specifications, availability and pricing are subject to change prior to Canadian release. Stay tuned for more details on Canadian availability and pricing.
- Engine Type
- 4-stroke, 2-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 90-degree V-Twin
- 645 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 3.19 in. x 2.46 in. (81.0 x 62.6mm)
- Compression Ratio
- 11.2: 1
- Electronic ignition (Transistorized)
- 6-speed constant mesh
- Front Suspension
- Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
- Rear Suspension
- Link type, coil spring, oil damped, spring preload adjustable
- Front Brakes
- Twin 2-piston calipers, 290 mm discs
- Rear Brakes
- Single 1-piston caliper, 240 mm disc
- Front Tire
- 120/70ZR17M/C (58W), tubeless
- Rear Tire
- 160/60ZR17M/C (69W), tubeless
- 1445 mm (56.9 in.)
- Seat Height
- 790 mm (31.1 in.)
- Fuel Capacity
- 14.5L (3.8 US gal.)
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 198 kg (436.5 lb.)
- 12 Month unlimited mileage limited warranty